Young Living Essential Oil uses for Labor:
- Peppermint on the tongue, 1 drop at a time
- Peppermint in water: I use this as a diluted sprizter which acts as an anti-nausea agent. Best during transition on a cloth for your face, forehead or chest. This can also be used to stimulate mom to pee if she’s having a hard time going by just simply dropping it into the toilet.
- Lemon or other Citrus EOs in water, 5 drops to a quart keepdrinking all day long, purifies the lymph system
- Ningxia Red, 2 oz. a day
Early Labor (to halt labor)
- Clary Sage 5-7 drops and/or Fennel
- Lavender, apply a few drops on the belly and wait and see (calming and relaxing)
- Peace & Calming Blend, apply on the heart and solar plexus, just 1 drop or diffuse
- -Jasmine and Clary Sage
- *Amount varies from case to case. Taking a drop of Clary Sage for example once every 15 minutes to an hour might do it.
*Use Jasmine only externally as a fragrant; don’t use it internally.
- 4 drops Helichrysum
- 4 drops Fennel
- 2 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang
- 3 drops Clary Sage
- 1/2 oz. V6 carrier oil
*Apply only after the labor starts. Massage inside the ankles, on little toes, little fingers and lower tummy and back.
- Or Frankincense, applied diluted around vaginal opening
- 40 drops Lavender
- 37 drops Frankincense
- 21 drops Ylang Ylang
- 20 Chamomile Roman
During Labor (Wash Cloth Blend): use in a bowl of water, swish a washcloth and use to cool mom’s head and face.
- 10 drops Jasmine
- 5 drops Chamomile Roman
- 5 drops Geranium
- 20 drops Lavender
Afterbirth Blend: use with a carrier oil to help expel placenta and tone the uterus
- 10 drops Geranium
- 15 drops Jasmine
- Peace & Calming – diffuse during labor
- Lavender – add to bath water at birth or diffuse it in the room
- Pan Away – on the area of pain, directly or diluted with a few drops V6 or vegetable oil
- Valor, on the area
- AromaSiez, on the area
Blood Pressure (If too low or too high during pregnancy or birthing)
- AromaLife Blend, drop on the heart and inner wrist
- Clary Sage lowers BP if it is too high
- Try Myrrh applied to the belly button, several drops rubbed onto the belly, repeated application might be needed.
- Rose – heals emotional trauma plus is rejuvenative to the skin/tissue (also part of Trauma Life)
- Helichrysum – heals tissue trauma, stops bleeding (also in Trauma Life Blend!)
- Idaho Balsam Fir – one time 10 drops into ‘OO” capsule taken internally to wean off pain medications after C-section
- Believe Blend (Frankincense, Idaho Balsam Fir and Rosewood):wound healing, diluted on the area
- Lavender – prevention of scaring, skin healing
- Trauma Life (Helichrysum, Lavender, Valerian, Sandalwood, Rose, Spruce, Geranium, Davana, Citrus hystrix) – covers a large terrain of application
Dilation, if delayed
- Clary Sage, use orally 1 drop every 15 minutes or 6 drops and see what happens over the next couple hours, then repeat if necessary.
Breast infection/ ‘milk fever’/mastitis – if breast aren’t emptied completely or when milk ducts get clogged or if breast-feeding is stopped abruptly. Cold Compress up to hourly during the day with:
- Geranium, 1drop
- Lavender, 1drop
- Rose, 2 drops
*In 1.5 pints cold water, dip washcloth into it, squeeze excess water out and apply on breast.
Breast infection + Fever
- Same compress as before PLUS Eucalyptus globules foot bath, 5 drops added to ½ tsp sea salt and added to water
- Fennel oil 2 drops in honey water every two hours
After birth, anointing the baby
- Frankincense – Apply on the whole body diluted as an ointment
- Trauma Life Blend (Helichrysum, Lavender, Valerian, Sandalwood, Rose, Spruce, Geranium, Davana, Citrus hystrix)
* Apply wherever the Trauma happened, head area etc. or simply on the crown and the feet right after birth.